Thursday 26 November 2015

Chicken Fajita's


I made Chicken Fajita’s tonight for supper. One of my most favorite meals! I love ANYTHING tacos! Seriously obsessed. Fish tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, fajitas, taco salad, the list is endless! I tried for the first time today:  fajita’s with lettuce instead of the shell! I was pleasantly surprised that I honestly didn’t miss the shell at all! I thought I would, but I really noticed that I really enjoyed the flavor of the fajita’s more. Soooooooooo yum! Here’s the recipe! Super simple to make!

Chicken Fajita’s


Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips

1 green pepper, sliced thinly

1 red pepper, sliced thinly

1 onion, sliced thinly

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp chili powder

2 tablespoons lime juice

1 tablespoon olive oil

Crisp romaine lettuce

Plain Greek yogurt

Salsa

Guacamole (if you are so inclined! I forgot to buy avocados when I was grocery shopping so unfortunately had to go without)

Directions:

  1. Slice the peppers, onion, and chicken.  Mix the spices, lime juice and olive oil.  In a large container or Ziploc bag, place the peppers, onion, and chicken.  Poor the spice mixture over top and shake until everything is fully coated.  You can let it marinade in the fridge for a few hours. 
  2. Heat olive oil on high heat. Add the chicken.  Cook until almost fully cooked, and then add the peppers and onion.  Cook until the onion and pepper are soft.
  3. Top your lettuce with the fajita mixture, add salsa, cheese, greek yogurt, guacamole, or any other toping you desire! ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment