Thursday 14 January 2016

Slow Cooker Chinese Beef & Broccoli


Ahhh my mouth is watering just posting this. This is SO good! Another one of my favourites. I think I say that about every recipe on here...haha, but then again I only post the BEST of my recipes! I love that this tastes like takeout, but it's clean eating, and 21 Day fix Approved!

Chinese Beef & Broccoli (Slow-cooker)

*21 day fix portions per serving: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp

Ingredients:

2 lb beef, thinly sliced (flank steak is ideal)

1 cup beef broth

½ cup soya sauce

1/3 cup maple syrup

2 cloves of garlic

1 tablespoon sesame oil

3 tablespoons cornstarch

1 bag of frozen broccoli (or 2 cups of fresh broccoli)

2 cups of brown rice

Directions:

  1. Put the sliced beef in the bottom of the crock pot.  Mix together the broth, soy sauce, syrup, garlic, and sesame oil.  Pour over the beef.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
  2. Remove ¼ cup of the sauce from the slow cooker and mix with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.  Stir back into the crockpot.  Add the broccoli, stir again, and cook for another half an hour (on high).
  3. In the mean time cook the rice.  Serve the beef and broccoli over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment